Monday, March 2, 2009

DJ Rowdy's Latest Blog, Comedy Cosmos, Added To The Honor Roll

Captain Billy wrote possibly the best ad I've heard on radio in several years. The ad was the one promoting Dov Davidoff the Comedian who just played a sold out Tuesday and almost sold out Monday nights performances at Cowboy Bill's.

Billy's ad started with the words, "In today's economy, everyone needs a good laugh . . ."

And how.

Every day I amass news stories for my growing news blog,
www.a1anews.com which offers news, weather, and sports from around the planet in text, photo and video form.

One thing I've learned in the past four months is there is a surfeit of bad news everywhere around this globe, and good news is hard to find.

Here in the USA, I recently chronicled days during the month of January whereby I listed a dozen companies laying off 70,0000 employees on just one morning.

Job hirings are so rare that when I run across the news of say the FBI, CIA, or even a Wal-Mart hiring 400 or 1,000 people, I always blast the headline with a prefix titled "Where The Jobs Are:" (I recently had an email from a reader of A1A News who thanked me for tipping her about an FBI exposition for job seekers where she was one of 700 hired out of a pool of what she thinks was about 10,000 applicants).

Eventhough its very hard to find good news during what is now being called by pundits "The Great Recession", I firmly believe we Americans are the toughest bunch on the planet and we will overcome these Hard Times. But during this long Recession, as Captain Billy's ad for Dov Davidoff says, "...everyone needs a good laugh."

Which got me to thinking: I come across comedic, funny pieces all the time while searching for world news. But the pieces are incongruent with business news, weather and sports. And some of these comedic gems might be 3 years old and here I am trying to break news.

So, yesterday, I set up a new blog whereby I will only post funny video clips, jokes, photos, and weird, strange and offbeat news. Some of the news will post to A1A News, but a lot of the material will not.

First of all, here's the new name for this blog: "Comedy Cosmos".

The whole blog address is
www.comedycosmos.blogspot.com (Be sure to affix that word "blospot" after typing in the address.)

To link directly to this new blog with maybe your own blog or website, here is the http address:

http://comedycosmos.blogspot.com/

This will be a collobarative blog in which I ask you, the readers and viewers, to bring your funniest jokes, videos, etc., and leave them underneath the latest post in the "comments" section.

What I intend to do is build a one stop laugh shop where we can all steal one another's humorous bits and send them to friends and families.

Right now I've got three videos already up on the website. I am going to leave just one of the three videos here, and its titled "Good Driver - Car Comedy". As I wrote on the new Comedy Cosmos blog, the two bits in the video which made me bust out laughing uncontrollaby were the one of the woman arriving home to park her van after her husband opens the driveway gates. I won't tell you what happens next . . . it's freaking funny and I burst out into uncontrollable laughter when I first saw the thing.

And then there is the other clip where a German fraulein who drives up to the gas pump, gas tank on the wrong side, and you'll not believewhat happens next as she wrestles with an unwieldy gas pump nose. WARNING! Don't be drinking coffee at the same time you watch this video cause it will shoot out your nose as happened to me!!!



That said, I hope all of you will visit Comedy Cosmos for a daily dose of laughter, which truly is the best medicine, along with hard work, for making it through these uncertain times.

And don't worry, I'll keep posting more photos daily here to Cowboy Bill's Honky Tonk Saloon. During Spring Break (the month of March) I will be working 7 nights a week. So while a band is on break, I'll be working on this blog posting photos.

Ya'll have a great March and I hope it warms up for you on the mainland and over there in Europe where this blog has a load of regular viewers. And to our guys and gals in uniform who regularly view this blog, keep on smiling! We love and support you and hope you return home soon!

See you soon at Cowboy Bill's Key West?


DJ Rowdy Yates (aka Rock Trueblood)
Keeper of the Cowboy Bill's Blog

No comments: