Monday, November 10, 2008

Note to All Our Friends About Photos Posted and Coming UP:

Howdy Friends,

DJ Rowdy here to tell you about the more than 2000 photos I'll be publishing on this blog from Fantasy Fest.

Here are some important features and benefits you should know:

1. I opened a Picasa account so that I could manage my photos. At first, I was not only doing the erasing of "red eye", but I was also adjusting for color, contrast, etc. As I am going to school and working full time, I realized doing all this work on photos was too time consuming. Hence, all photos are going to be posted "as is" so that you can save those you want . . . and then work them over yourselves with Photoshop, Picasa, Windows, etc.

2. All photos in any blog can be left clicked twice and they will "blow up" to poster size. As the new camera I use has the highest resolution of any DSL SLR, I have backed down to "fine" quality . . . which is the norm for most digital SLR cameras. The reason is these photos are taking up so much time to upload and post to a blog at this quality.

Whereas I used to be able to upload 5 photos at a time to a blog (and repeat over and over), now I can only upload 3 at a time. This means I will have to repeat this process 700 times to get all the photos from Fantasy Fest posted.

3. Here's how you can "save" any photo you like to your own computer: First, right click with your mouse. When the box pops up with all kinds of selections, click the choice labeled "save as". Once you save to your computer, then you can go into your favorite photo works application and crop, adjust contrast and color, etc.

4. Lastly, I wish I had time to caption every photo, but at the rate this is going, it will take weeks to compile blogs from different nights. So, every day, I hope to add 20 to 40 photos to a blog. For instance, the one I just put up has about 40 photos today. Tomorrow, this same blog will have another few dozen photos added.

Be patient. The photos are coming. This is a labor of love.


Rowdy
Over and out.

No comments: